Mike R

Default Split off numbers

I have about 100 sets of numbers in column I,i.e. 1513-345678, and I want to
pull off the first four and the "-" from the rest of the set and place them
in column H. What is a formula that will do that for me?

Mike Rogers
Norman Jones

Hi Mike,

A1: 1513-345678

B1: =LEFT(A1,4)

---
Regards,
Norman

"Mike R" wrote in message
I have about 100 sets of numbers in column I,i.e. 1513-345678, and I want
pull off the first four and the "-" from the rest of the set and place
them
in column H. What is a formula that will do that for me?

Mike Rogers

Norman Jones

Hi, Mike,

B1: =LEFT(A1,4)