Crazylady_2

Default How can I find the alpha numeric codes in excel please,Thank you.

Can someone please tell me how I can find the alpha numeric codes in excel
and also are they english,greek or other ? Thank you.
R.VENKATARAMAN

choose font <symbols and type a you will get alpha

character map in system tools will have alphanumeric codes in English

=char(65) is A
=char(90) is Z
=char(97) is a etc

"Crazylady_2" wrote in message
Can someone please tell me how I can find the alpha numeric codes in excel
and also are they english,greek or other ? Thank you.

Crazylady_2

R, I did work all the uk codes out for myself (a long process lol) but
wondered if there was a preset formula in excel. You have been Very helpful
thank you so very much.

"R.VENKATARAMAN" wrote:

choose font <symbols and type a you will get alpha

character map in system tools will have alphanumeric codes in English

=char(65) is A
=char(90) is Z
=char(97) is a etc

"Crazylady_2" wrote in message
Can someone please tell me how I can find the alpha numeric codes in excel
and also are they english,greek or other ? Thank you.

Jim May

If you need to use in VBA:
It goes by CHR, Not Char;

Dim MyChar
MyChar = Chr(65) ' Returns A.
MyChar = Chr(97) ' Returns a.
MyChar = Chr(62) ' Returns .
MyChar = Chr(37) ' Returns %.

"R.VENKATARAMAN" wrote in message
choose font <symbols and type a you will get alpha

character map in system tools will have alphanumeric codes in English

=char(65) is A
=char(90) is Z
=char(97) is a etc

"Crazylady_2" wrote in message
Can someone please tell me how I can find the alpha numeric codes in
excel
and also are they english,greek or other ? Thank you.

Dave Peterson

If you're using xl2002+, maybe Insert|symbol would help.

Chip Pearson has an addin that may help (if you're using xl2k or lower).
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/download.htm
(look for Symbolizer and make sure you get the correct version)

Or even use Windows own CharMap:
(Windows start button|run|Charmap)

And if you're looking to find out what's already in a cell, Chip Pearson has a
very nice addin that can show you those codes:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CellView.htm

--

Dave Peterson

Crazylady_2

Crazylady_2 wrote:

Can someone please tell me how I can find the alpha numeric codes in excel
and also are they english,greek or other ? Thank you.

--

Dave Peterson

Thank you so very much for your help and the links.