One Desperate Employee!

Default Copying data between workbooks?

I am trying to link two documents.

In essence i have one document which will be updated regularly with
information. I need to have a second document identical to the first (i.e.
linked with = formulae), so as a user imputs information to spreadsheet A, it
update the information in spreadsheet B automatically.

The only way I can figure out to do this is individually clicking on
destination cell, entering = , and then clicking on destination cell.

Surely there is a way to do the whole document???

Any help is very gratefully accepted.

Thanks
Ian

If the documents are identical in layout, you can do as you suggested in
your post for one cell, the copy that to the rest of the sheet.

--
Ian
--
wrote in message
I am trying to link two documents.

In essence i have one document which will be updated regularly with
information. I need to have a second document identical to the first (i.e.
linked with = formulae), so as a user imputs information to spreadsheet A,
it
update the information in spreadsheet B automatically.

The only way I can figure out to do this is individually clicking on
destination cell, entering = , and then clicking on destination cell.

Surely there is a way to do the whole document???

Any help is very gratefully accepted.

Thanks

One Desperate Employee!

Thanks.

I have tried this. If i enter (=source cell) then this will duplicate cell
in destination sheet, but when I copy and paste that cell it just duplicates
that cell on the whole workbook.

1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18

For example - If i enter formula to copy a1 on source (1(above)) then it
will duplicate this in a1 on the destination. However when I copy and paste
this i have a document full of 1's, rather than all the different values.
Does that make sense?

wrote in message
I am trying to link two documents.

In essence i have one document which will be updated regularly with
information. I need to have a second document identical to the first (i.e.
linked with = formulae), so as a user imputs information to spreadsheet A,
it
update the information in spreadsheet B automatically.

The only way I can figure out to do this is individually clicking on
destination cell, entering = , and then clicking on destination cell.

Surely there is a way to do the whole document???

Any help is very gratefully accepted.

Thanks

Ian

Assuming your source sheet is Sheet1, A1 on your destination sheet should
read =Sheet1!A1. Copying this to B1 will return =Sheet1!B1 etc.

--
Ian
--

wrote in message
I am trying to link two documents.

In essence i have one document which will be updated regularly with
information. I need to have a second document identical to the first
(i.e.
linked with = formulae), so as a user imputs information to spreadsheet
A,
it
update the information in spreadsheet B automatically.

The only way I can figure out to do this is individually clicking on
destination cell, entering = , and then clicking on destination cell.

Surely there is a way to do the whole document???

Any help is very gratefully accepted.

Thanks

One Desperate Employee!

That is correct. I've just figured it out from your post. For some reason my
destination sheet was reading =sheet1!$A$1. Not sure why. Any ideas??

Anyway after reading your post and taking out the $ signs it works perfectly.

Thank you for your help - you are a superstar!!!

wrote in message
I am trying to link two documents.

In essence i have one document which will be updated regularly with
information. I need to have a second document identical to the first
(i.e.
linked with = formulae), so as a user imputs information to spreadsheet
A,
it
update the information in spreadsheet B automatically.

The only way I can figure out to do this is individually clicking on
destination cell, entering = , and then clicking on destination cell.

Surely there is a way to do the whole document???

Any help is very gratefully accepted.

Thanks

Ian

Are your sheets in different workbooks? I notice that copying from a
different book gives eg =[Book2]Sheet1!$A$1 but copying from another sheet
in the same book gives =Sheet2!A1

--
Ian