B.Kundla

Default Don't know what is happening....

I'm wondering if anyone could give me an answer. Occasionally, when opening
an Excel worksheet, I am unable to click on any cells or on the toolbars. I
can't even close out the window. Wherever I move my cursor the cells become
highlighted, but I am unable to click in any of them. Usually if I close the
program with "end task" and reopen it the problem is gone. Today it happened
in one of my worksheets. Closing it out didn't help. I opened another and had
no problem. Later in the morning the same thing happened in the second
worksheet. I tried opening a new worksheet and the same thing was going on
there. Finally I gave up and rebooted the computer, then everything was
fine. Is there a reason this happens? If so, is there a way to fix the
problem without closing the worksheet? Please email answers to
. Thank you for any info.
Michael

B. Kundla, I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your post, but take a look
at this site. It's a list of Excel MVP's. I'm sure your answer is in there
somewhere. http://www.mvps.org/links.html#Excel
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin

"B.Kundla" wrote:

I'm wondering if anyone could give me an answer. Occasionally, when opening
an Excel worksheet, I am unable to click on any cells or on the toolbars. I
can't even close out the window. Wherever I move my cursor the cells become
highlighted, but I am unable to click in any of them. Usually if I close the
program with "end task" and reopen it the problem is gone. Today it happened
in one of my worksheets. Closing it out didn't help. I opened another and had
no problem. Later in the morning the same thing happened in the second
worksheet. I tried opening a new worksheet and the same thing was going on
there. Finally I gave up and rebooted the computer, then everything was
fine. Is there a reason this happens? If so, is there a way to fix the
problem without closing the worksheet? Please email answers to
. Thank you for any info.

Ken Wright

Possibly F8 has accidentally been depressed taking you into Extended mode,
or see he-

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ghosting.txt

--
Regards

[...]