neeraj

Default allow users to edit ranges

I have a few cells in a range say Range 1 in a worksheet of a workbook which
I want to be modifiable only by a few users say Managers. For this, I locked
these cells through format cells protection property. And then implemented
'Allow users to edit ranges' for Range 1. It works fine: it asks for a
password when one is trying to modify any of these cells in Range1. But the
problem is that while protecting my sheet, I had to allow all users from
selecting locked cells otherwise Managers cant even select cells in Range1.
And due to this, all users of this sheet can select even locked cells (though
they cant change them) which I dont want them to. Is there a way to preven
this?
Alan

If you check 'Locked' and 'Hidden' on all cells it makes no difference if
users can select the protected cells or not as they cant see whats in them,
or am I missing something?
Regards,
Alan.