HMB

Default hh:mm to mm:ss

I have scanned a telephone account which shows the duration of a call as
min:sec (eg.15:35). Using an OCR program I have imported this data into
Excel which picks the time up as hh:mm format. is there anyway to get Excel
to read it as minutes and seconds instead of hours and minutes without going
thru every record and adding a 0: (to hold the hour place)???

Thanks

Helen
Arvi Laanemets

Hi

Enter the number 60 into some free cell and copy it.
Select the range with your data, and then PasteSpecialMultiply. OK.
Format rhe range as "mm:ss".
Don't forget to scrap the number 60 entered before.

--
Arvi Laanemets
( My real mail address: arvil<attarkon.ee )

"HMB" wrote in message
I have scanned a telephone account which shows the duration of a call as
min:sec (eg.15:35). Using an OCR program I have imported this data into
Excel which picks the time up as hh:mm format. is there anyway to get
Excel
to read it as minutes and seconds instead of hours and minutes without
going
thru every record and adding a 0: (to hold the hour place)???

Thanks

Helen

Harald Staff

I think you mean
PasteSpecialDivide

HTH. best wishes Harald

"Arvi Laanemets" skrev i melding

"HMB" wrote in message
I have scanned a telephone account which shows the duration of a call as
min:sec (eg.15:35). Using an OCR program I have imported this data into
Excel which picks the time up as hh:mm format. is there anyway to get
Excel
to read it as minutes and seconds instead of hours and minutes without
going
thru every record and adding a 0: (to hold the hour place)???

Thanks

Helen

Arvi Laanemets

"Harald Staff" wrote in message
I think you mean
PasteSpecialDivide

Sorry! It must be this cold, I have at moment!

--
Arvi Laanemets
( My real mail address: arvil<attarkon.ee )

HMB

Thanks for this. Have tried it out on some dummy data at home and when I get
to work tomorrow I think it'll do the trick. And I guess by putting the [ ]
around the mm on the format, I can get it to show a sum over 59 minutes as
well!! Awesome!