Ailish

Default Saving very slow in Excel 2002

Hi All

I am currently using Excel 2002 over a network.

When I create a brand new file, save it and name it everything works fine.
If I then open the file make a change or not make any changes and save the
file again it is very slow to save. If I save the file and give it a new
name it works really quickly. It seems to have a problem saving existing
files. They are not big files, some are just samples with text in them. We
have installed SR3 and are using Norton Antivirus as these were suggested as
possible problem areas to us.

Thanks a million
Ailish
Ron de Bruin

Hi Ailish

You can try this

Reboot first and
StartRun
Type: %temp%
OK
Clear all files in this Temp folder and also the sub folders

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Ailish" wrote in message ...
Hi All

I am currently using Excel 2002 over a network.

When I create a brand new file, save it and name it everything works fine.
If I then open the file make a change or not make any changes and save the
file again it is very slow to save. If I save the file and give it a new
name it works really quickly. It seems to have a problem saving existing
files. They are not big files, some are just samples with text in them. We
have installed SR3 and are using Norton Antivirus as these were suggested as
possible problem areas to us.

Thanks a million
Ailish

Ailish

Thanks Ron, unfortunately it is not just one machine that it is happening on
it is a whole number of machines in our organisation, do you think I should
try it on each one?

Thanks
Ailish

"Ailish" wrote in message ...
Hi All

I am currently using Excel 2002 over a network.

When I create a brand new file, save it and name it everything works fine.
If I then open the file make a change or not make any changes and save the
file again it is very slow to save. If I save the file and give it a new
name it works really quickly. It seems to have a problem saving existing
files. They are not big files, some are just samples with text in them. We
have installed SR3 and are using Norton Antivirus as these were suggested as
possible problem areas to us.

Thanks a million
Ailish

Ron de Bruin

Hi Ailish

Visit this site and look for your problem
http://www.decisionmodels.com/optspeedd.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl