saybut

Default Opening a csv file in word

Hi,

I'm having a problem at the moment - I need to do a large find &
replace with my excel data. I actually do two, the first one works fine
but the second one doesn't;

The first one I just open my.csv file in word, do my find and replace,
save again and it opens fine in excel.

The second one though, I need to find and replace the paragraph breaks
and replace them with the tag <br /. When I save it again and open in
excel, my results are displayed across the top row instead of the
column, and they're no longer in a single cell for each record.

I'm guessing it's because I take away all of the blank lines from word
but I'm not sure.

does anyone have any suggestions how I could sort it?

Regards,

Saybut.

--
saybut
saybut's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=5949

Anne Troy

Likely, you shouldn't REPLACE the breaks, but just add the tag to the break,
something like replace ^p with <br/^p
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"saybut" wrote in