Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
striker_69

Default drop down list - a question from novice

I have a list of names of cities (Moscow, Ottawa, Toronto, and
Washington DC)
and
a list of corresponding phone codes:
Moscow: +7 (095)
Ottawa: +1 (613)
Toronto: +1 (416)
Washington DC: +1 (202)

I need to make a drop down list in a cell which would work as follows:
when I click on it, I will see the dropdown list of cities
(alphabetical) but when I select a city I want to get the phone code in
the cell (numerical).
I am a novice in Excel, but I need to figure it out quite urgently, so
if someone can help I'd really appreciate that.
I am currently reading the book entitled "The Bible of Excel 2003" but
can't find an answer (although I'm sure it's there) because I can't
properly make a search query as I'm not a native English-speaking
person.

--
striker_69
striker_69's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27353