Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Maria
 
Posts: n/a
Default In excel , is there a way i can change UPPERCASE to lowercase?

Please e-mail me back ASAP, if there's a way to do this in Excel... I know
WORD has it, but I can't seem to find it EXCEL
  #2   Report Post  
Mike
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I dump it into word, change to lowercase and dump it back to excel.
Excel does not have this.

"Maria" wrote:

Please e-mail me back ASAP, if there's a way to do this in Excel... I know
WORD has it, but I can't seem to find it EXCEL

  #3   Report Post  
bigwheel
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Have a look here http://www.xcelfiles.com/VBA_Quick16.html

"Maria" wrote:

Please e-mail me back ASAP, if there's a way to do this in Excel... I know
WORD has it, but I can't seem to find it EXCEL

  #4   Report Post  
TomHinkle
 
Posts: n/a
Default

look up the functions:

UPPER - converts to upper case
LOWER - converts to lower case
PROPER - converts to proper case (First Letter Of Each Word Capitalized)

"Maria" wrote:

Please e-mail me back ASAP, if there's a way to do this in Excel... I know
WORD has it, but I can't seem to find it EXCEL

  #5   Report Post  
David Billigmeier
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Actually there is a way in Excel... use the =LOWER() function.

Example:
=LOWER("UPPER CASE TEXT") will return "upper case text"


--
Regards,
Dave
<!--


"Mike" wrote:

I dump it into word, change to lowercase and dump it back to excel.
Excel does not have this.

"Maria" wrote:

Please e-mail me back ASAP, if there's a way to do this in Excel... I know
WORD has it, but I can't seem to find it EXCEL



  #6   Report Post  
Maria
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I can't find the functions, can you help me?

"TomHinkle" wrote:

look up the functions:

UPPER - converts to upper case
LOWER - converts to lower case
PROPER - converts to proper case (First Letter Of Each Word Capitalized)

"Maria" wrote:

Please e-mail me back ASAP, if there's a way to do this in Excel... I know
WORD has it, but I can't seem to find it EXCEL

  #7   Report Post  
Maria
 
Posts: n/a
Default

david, thank you for your help. when i tried doing that the original writing
disappeared.

Thanks
Maria

"David Billigmeier" wrote:

Actually there is a way in Excel... use the =LOWER() function.

Example:
=LOWER("UPPER CASE TEXT") will return "upper case text"


--
Regards,
Dave
<!--


"Mike" wrote:

I dump it into word, change to lowercase and dump it back to excel.
Excel does not have this.

"Maria" wrote:

Please e-mail me back ASAP, if there's a way to do this in Excel... I know
WORD has it, but I can't seem to find it EXCEL

  #8   Report Post  
David Billigmeier
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Try this, lets say your original values are in column A, in the range
A1:A1000. Place the formula =LOWER(A1) in B1 and drag all the way down to
B1000. Then, copy the B1:B1000 range, right-click on A1, click "Paste
Special..." and select "Values".

Use this technique to the cells you want to change, I used column's A and B
in this example.


--
Regards,
Dave
<!--


"Maria" wrote:

david, thank you for your help. when i tried doing that the original writing
disappeared.

Thanks
Maria

"David Billigmeier" wrote:

Actually there is a way in Excel... use the =LOWER() function.

Example:
=LOWER("UPPER CASE TEXT") will return "upper case text"


--
Regards,
Dave
<!--


"Mike" wrote:

I dump it into word, change to lowercase and dump it back to excel.
Excel does not have this.

"Maria" wrote:

Please e-mail me back ASAP, if there's a way to do this in Excel... I know
WORD has it, but I can't seem to find it EXCEL

  #9   Report Post  
Anne Troy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi, Maria. I've got a bunch of information on it he
http://www.officearticles.com/excel/...ft_exce l.htm
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Maria" wrote in message
...
david, thank you for your help. when i tried doing that the original
writing
disappeared.

Thanks
Maria

"David Billigmeier" wrote:

Actually there is a way in Excel... use the =LOWER() function.

Example:
=LOWER("UPPER CASE TEXT") will return "upper case text"


--
Regards,
Dave
<!--


"Mike" wrote:

I dump it into word, change to lowercase and dump it back to excel.
Excel does not have this.

"Maria" wrote:

Please e-mail me back ASAP, if there's a way to do this in Excel...
I know
WORD has it, but I can't seem to find it EXCEL



  #10   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jacquie
 
Posts: n/a
Default In excel , is there a way i can change UPPERCASE to lowercase?

Thanks David...this was very helpful!

"David Billigmeier" wrote:

Try this, lets say your original values are in column A, in the range
A1:A1000. Place the formula =LOWER(A1) in B1 and drag all the way down to
B1000. Then, copy the B1:B1000 range, right-click on A1, click "Paste
Special..." and select "Values".

Use this technique to the cells you want to change, I used column's A and B
in this example.


--
Regards,
Dave
<!--


"Maria" wrote:

david, thank you for your help. when i tried doing that the original writing
disappeared.

Thanks
Maria

"David Billigmeier" wrote:

Actually there is a way in Excel... use the =LOWER() function.

Example:
=LOWER("UPPER CASE TEXT") will return "upper case text"


--
Regards,
Dave
<!--


"Mike" wrote:

I dump it into word, change to lowercase and dump it back to excel.
Excel does not have this.

"Maria" wrote:

Please e-mail me back ASAP, if there's a way to do this in Excel... I know
WORD has it, but I can't seem to find it EXCEL



  #11   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 49
Default In excel , is there a way i can change UPPERCASE to lowercase?

Copy the following macro:

Sub Change_Case()
Dim ocell As Range
Dim Ans As String
Ans = Application.InputBox("Type in Letter" & vbCr & _
"(L)owercase, (U)ppercase, (S)entence, (T)itles ")
If Ans = "" Then Exit Sub
For Each ocell In Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, 2)
Select Case UCase(Ans)
Case "L": ocell = LCase(ocell.Text)
Case "U": ocell = UCase(ocell.Text)
Case "S": ocell = UCase(Left(ocell.Text, 1)) & _
LCase(Right(ocell.Text, Len(ocell.Text) - 1))
Case "T": ocell = Application.WorksheetFunction.Proper(ocell.Text)
End Select
Next

End Sub


"Maria" wrote:

Please e-mail me back ASAP, if there's a way to do this in Excel... I know
WORD has it, but I can't seem to find it EXCEL

  #12   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default In excel , is there a way i can change UPPERCASE to lowercase?



"Maria" wrote:

Please e-mail me back ASAP, if there's a way to do this in Excel... I know
WORD has it, but I can't seem to find it EXCEL


This worked for me:
Create a blank column to the right of the column you want to change upper
case to lower case - let's say your information is in Column A.
Type =(LOWERA1) in the first cell of the blank column. (If your info is in
Column B, type B1, etc)
Click the corner of that cell and drag all the way down to the last cell
that has info in it.
Like magic, the letters were changed to lower case.
I still don't know how this worked after all I've read here, but it did.

Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to change the color of all series in an excel chart in one go. Marielle Charts and Charting in Excel 2 May 3rd 23 07:45 PM
how to change range for dynamic chart in excel 2000 with button? ivan Charts and Charting in Excel 2 April 24th 05 04:10 AM
Excel renames sheet (repaired) when trying to change data from a . Debbie Excel Worksheet Functions 0 April 20th 05 08:15 PM
how do I change an excel template into a "workbook" joyce Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 April 14th 05 04:38 PM
how do I change the text case of imported data in excel? ArtLene Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 January 26th 05 08:08 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2024 ExcelBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Microsoft Excel"