Old September 19th 18, 02:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Check if a number is an integer or not (and using that in an IF)

Hi.

I'm searching for a way to check if a number is an integer and use it as the logical expression for IF().

Is that a thing?

Old September 19th 18, 02:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Wednesday, September 19, 2018 at 3:33:03 PM UTC+2, wrote:
Hi.

I'm searching for a way to check if a number is an integer and use it as the logical expression for IF().

Is that a thing?

Like, I'm not trying to get an integer from any number, just trying to find out if a number is an integer or not.
Old September 20th 18, 01:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dpb dpb is offline

On 9/19/2018 8:33 AM, wrote:
Hi.

I'm searching for a way to check if a number is an integer and use it as the logical expression for IF().

Any number of ways one can do this, one is

=ROUND(A1,0)=A1

where A1 is the cell containing the number of interest.