Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Dragging Cells to Create Ascending Numerical List

On Saturday, June 24, 2000 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Tom Ogilvy wrote:
Method 1:
Put a 1 in the first cell, a 2 in the second, then select both and drag.

Method 2
Put a 1 in the first cell. Hold down the control key while you drag.

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy
MVP Excel

J. Danniel wrote in message
Hello everyone.
I'm using Excel 2000.

I created a column, and in the first cell, I typed the number 1. I then
tried to drag down so each subsequent cell has the next number in

sequence,
but all the cells contained the number 1.

In other words, I want the cells to appear as follows:
1
2
3
4
5
6
etc.

But they're all
1
1
1

What should I do to get an ascending numerical list in this column?
(It's probably so simple, I'm overlooking it.)

Thank you!
J. Danniel

--
To reply via e-mail, please
remove the letter Z from the e-mail address.

This was super easy and worked PERFECTLY! Thank you!! Tom Oqilvy!

If you have received this email in error please notify the sender. Please
note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of
the author and do not necessarily represent those of Ro-Mac Lumber &
Supply, Inc. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any
attachments for the presence of viruses. Ro-Mac Lumber & Supply, Inc
email.