Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Spreadsheet With Multiple Columns To WORD as a Single Page Width ?

Hello,

Not sure if this should be asked in the WORD group, or here.
But have gotten such good help here in the past, will try here.

Using Excel 2007.
Old, but does most everything I need.

I have a spreadsheet that extends over quite a few columns.

What I want to do is to "compress" the spreadsheet, so that all columns
will fit into a document (WORD) that is already formatted for the normal
8-1/2 x 11 page.

Playing with View, etc. in the spreadsheet, I have been able to have all
the columns show up on a single page width.
Great.

I then do a Copy, and try pasting it into the existing WORD doc.
It refuses to Paste what I have selected as a single page width.

Not all that sharp with this.

How would I go about pasting what I have selected in Excel, and is what
I want, into WORD so it shows up as what I have formatted, and selected
in Excel; namely a single page width (with a smaller font of course
which I assume would be done automatically) ?

Thanks,
B.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

[...]

It would be easier to put your Word content onto the worksheet and choose 'fit
to 1 page' wide by however many pages tall!(IMO) You could insert the cols as a
table and resize it to fit your Word page, but not sure that's as reliable. (I
don't use Word because Excel does everything I need for word processing + all
its builtin features as well!)

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!