B. Parizo

Default Zero Placeholders in number cell

Hi: Is it possible to have zero (0) placeholders in an excel 2003 cell. For
example I have a column with number cells which calculate sequentially. I
have a need for the first and subsequent numbers to have four digits (ex.
0001, 0002 etc.). The zero's of course do not show when they are entered.
Is there a way to do this and still have it calculate??? Thanks in advance.
--
B. Parizo
Anne Troy

It's called leading zeroes. See: