sheilag

Default My hyperlink in an excel spreadsheet will not save.

I am trying to save a hyperlink in an excel spreadsheet, and when I save the
spreadsheet, I loose the hyperlink.
Dave Peterson

Are you saving the workbook as a normal workbook (*.xls)?

If yes, what happens to the hyperlink?

And how did you create the hyperlink:
insert|hyperlink
or did you use the worksheet function
=hyperlink()

--

Dave Peterson
sheilag

I am saving the hyperlink to an excel workbook. I inserted the link way I
always have,insert, hyperlink....
When I put the correct link in and click on it, it opens the correct
document. But when I save the workbook, and click on the link, it says
"cannot open the specified file". I go back and look at the file path for
the link, and it has saved to a totally different file.
Thanks for your help.

sheilag wrote:

I am trying to save a hyperlink in an excel spreadsheet, and when I save the
spreadsheet, I loose the hyperlink.

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

A couple of people have posted that setting the hyperlink base will stop this
"helpful" behavior.

File|properties|summary tab
Hyperlink Base: C:\

(C:\ should be available)

=====
I've never had any trouble at all with the =hyperlink() worksheet function.