hurdler

Default Save As... results in #######

I am saving a worksheet as a CSV (Tab delimited would be fine too), but
there are a few cells that contain greater than 255 characters. I can
change the column width to 255 maximum, but ### still shows in the cell
display. When I do the Save As... operation, my text file contains
#####s for those cells. I did a quick search to find that this has
been a problem for a while, but no leads on a solution. Is there
another option?

version: Excel 2000

--
hurdler
hurdler's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1915

hurdler

YES!

changing the long cell to General format cleared up the export/Save
As... issue
I dont quite get it, but if it works fine.

thanks much,

--
hurdler
hurdler's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1915
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=467217

Dave Peterson

Excel has trouble with cells formatted as Text when the contents have a length
between 255 and 1024.

That doesn't explain why, but I thought I'd add it <vbg.