garygrung

Default Can I change the format of one cell by placing a tick in another?

Hi

Can I change the format of one cell by placing a tick in another?

Thanks
Gary
Ian

Use conditional formatting. eg if the tick is in A1 and you want B1 to
change, set the conditional formatting to Formula is and enter =A1="ü" where
ü is translated to a tick when Wingdings is selected. If you use a different
character for the tick, copy the character in the Excel formula bar and
paste it into the formula.

--
Ian
--
"garygrung" wrote in message
Hi

Can I change the format of one cell by placing a tick in another?

Thanks
Gary

Ray A

one way:
in cell B1 Formatconditional formatingchange cell value is to formula is
=if(a1<"",true,false)
assumes the tick is in A1 and you are changing the format in B1. Any entry
in A1 will change the format
HTH

Hi