Senior Member

Default Complicated lookup from a table with scales

Hi Friends,

If you could please attached spreadsheet and help advise a Vlookup formula. This involves breaking a cell value and apply different scales based on the table given.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=...26245040762176

Any help would be appreciated
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Am Thu, 3 Sep 2015 04:06:27 +0100 schrieb Excel Dumbo:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=...26245040762176

I don't see a way to do it in one formula.
Please look he
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...=folder%2cxlsm
for your workbook (Compicated lookup from table)

Regards
Claus B.
--
Vista Ultimate / Windows7
Office 2007 Ultimate / 2010 Professional
Senior Member

Thank you very much Claus. I am ok with the sepearate formulas as long as i can avoid showing all the extra columns for each component, your formula did the trick.

Can you also suggest a formula for column AC- which is Step 6 price. this means if the usage in column C goes over and above (10,964*30), it will be charged at 1.756.

Also a formula to say if there are no values in column C, there is no daily charge in column AD.

thanks heaps

Last edited by Excel Dumbo : September 4th 15 at 12:18 AM
Senior Member

HI Claus, in addition to my above question i noticed one problem.

The purpose of this excercise is to ascertain gas cost based on usage shown in column C of the attached spreadsheet

The formula you had suggested worked with my previous example. But when i reduced the usage amount, the final result is not what i want.

PLease see attached

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=...01793090465492
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Am Fri, 4 Sep 2015 04:40:18 +0100 schrieb Excel Dumbo:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=...01793090465492

please look here again:
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...=folder%2cxlsm
for your workbook.

I changed the table layout. The calculation is in the light blue range.

Regards
Claus B.
--
Vista Ultimate / Windows7
Office 2007 Ultimate / 2010 Professional

Senior Member

THank you very much CLaus