oduran

Default #REF

My workbook has several external links to a workbook from my client.
While opening my workbook I choose "No" from the update external links
dialog box. Some cells containing a formula like ='O:\C\Ltg\PS-BD\Strategy
2003\Strategy Country Data\[PS4 Slovakia.xls]Market Input'!$D$55 display #REF
from my computer but not from my colleague computer.
Coul you hepl me ?
oduran

The Analysis Toolpak is loaded and I've experimented the registry tweak :
http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...GP11.phx .gbl
but no change.

CLR

Could be maybe the two copies of the file are actually different by someone
previously opening your copy and saying YES to the external updates and then
saving the file back..........this would result in the #REF on your copy and
if your colleague's file had never been changed from the original then it
would read the existing values.........Make a copy of your colleague's file
with a changed name, and try it directly on your computer.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"oduran" wrote in message
My workbook has several external links to a workbook from my client.
While opening my workbook I choose "No" from the update external links
dialog box. Some cells containing a formula like ='O:\C\Ltg\PS-BD\Strategy
2003\Strategy Country Data\[PS4 Slovakia.xls]Market Input'!$D$55 display

#REF
from my computer but not from my colleague computer.
Coul you hepl me ?

Dave Peterson

And you used the correct number for your version of excel.

9.0 = xl2k
10.0 = xl2002
11.0 = xl2003

And (not tested), you typed in that registry key matching the case Jim showed?

--

Dave Peterson
oduran

I added the registry DWORD in 11.0 as I use Excel 2003. I still have the
problem.

I use the same file as my coworker and we can't update the links as the
workbook is related to ones from our client (no connexion to his network).
Either from a shared folder over our network or locally, my coworker opens
the file properly but not me. I have #REF! in place of values (specially with
cells containing a 0%).