funky_funky_almonds

Default How do I create a set of sheets that will update from a master?

I'm using excel to outline a publicity campaign for 4 groups. I want one
overall sheet with all the groups and seperate sheets with more detailed info
- is there anyway of typing into both a master copy and an other copy at the
same time?
Ian

You can reference a cell in another sheet eg in A1 on Sheet1 enter
=Sheet2!C4 so that whatever you type in Sheet2 C4 also appears in Sheet1 A1.

It sounds like you want a summary sheet and 4 details sheets. In a cell on
the summary sheet, type = into a cell, click on the tab of one of your
detail sheets, click the cell you want duplicating and press enter. The
formula will be built as you progress.

Once you have all the entries in place, it would be a good idea to protect
the summary sheet, so nobody can enter data into it and overwrite the
formulae.

--
Ian
--
I'm using excel to outline a publicity campaign for 4 groups. I want one
overall sheet with all the groups and seperate sheets with more detailed
info
- is there anyway of typing into both a master copy and an other copy at
the
same time?

Paul Sheppard

funky_funky_almonds Wrote:
I'm using excel to outline a publicity campaign for 4 groups. I want
one
overall sheet with all the groups and seperate sheets with more
detailed info
- is there anyway of typing into both a master copy and an other copy
at the
same time?

Hi f_f_a

Try using links

On the sheet you want to link to the master sheet type = into the cell
you want linked to the master sheet cell, then click in the cell you
are linking to on the master sheet and hit Enter

Now when you type into the cell on the master sheet, the cell on the
linked sheet will show the same info

--
Paul Sheppard

Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24783