sacredarms

Default minutes and seconds

I would like a user to be able to enter 115 into a cell and have it appear as
1:15 or one minute and 15 seconds. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Joe
Max

Try Chip's page at:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm

The 2nd procedure at the lower half on the page
relates to time entry
--
Rgds
Max
"sacredarms" wrote in message
I would like a user to be able to enter 115 into a cell and have it appear

as
1:15 or one minute and 15 seconds. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Joe

Arvi Laanemets

Hi

Will it be 1 minute 15 seconds or 11 minutes 5 seconds?

When you want so much to do without colons, then maybe enter minutes into
one column, and seconds into another. And into 3rd column calculate time
=TIME(0,Minutes,Seconds)
, and format as "h:mm:ss", or as "[m]:ss", or whatever legal time format you
prefer.

A bonus - you can enter p.e. 100 seconds into Seconds column, and the
formula will give you 1 minute 40 seconds out.

--
Arvi Laanemets
( My real mail address: arvil<attarkon.ee )