Senior Member

Default TO split worksheets in a single file to multiple files

Hi Dear Friends,

I have attached a spreadsheet file, which has multiple sheets named-Harry, Steve, Thomas etc

I will need a technique where I can split this single file in to multiple files based on the worksheets within the original single master file. So once I have the split, I would like to the files to be named based on the names in the master file

example- Harry.xls, Steve.xls, Thomas.xls

This is just a sample file, I will have a huge number of worksheets (16 nos) in the master file and I occasionally do add and delete worksheets from the master file

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Dumbo
Attached Files
File Type: zip How to Split worksheets in to separate files.zip (8.7 KB, 45 views)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Dear Friends,

I have attached a spreadsheet file, which has multiple sheets
named-Harry, Steve, Thomas etc

I will need a technique where I can split this single file in to
multiple files based on the worksheets within the original single
master file. So once I have the split, I would like to the files to
be named based on the names in the master file

example- Harry.xls, Steve.xls, Thomas.xls

This is just a sample file, I will have a huge number of worksheets
(16 nos) in the master file and I occasionally do add and delete
worksheets from the master file

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Dumbo

Filename: How to Split worksheets in to separate files.zip |
Download:
http://www.excelbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1001|

Do you want to 'move' the sheets or 'copy' them? Either method opens a
new workbook with the sheet being moved/copied, and this becomes the
ActiveWorkbook. Simply do a 'SaveAs' and close the file. If moving
you'll need to leave the last sheet in the original file and do
'SaveAs' because Excel won't allow an empty workbook (ergo no sheets)!

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc