Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Export as pdf form to ipad

Hi,

Sorry, I'm not really sure how to phrase exactly what I'm trying to accomplish here...

I have a VBA set up for the user to email themselves a pdf of a worksheet when they hit an ActiveX button. That pdf is then viewed on their iPad. There are some boxes on the form I would like to make "live" (?) so when they tap on said box a numeric keyboard will appear in Adobe on their iPad so they can fill in some numbers.

Does that make sense? Is it even possible?

Thanks in advance,
Craig
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Sorry, I'm not really sure how to phrase exactly what I'm trying to
accomplish here...

I have a VBA set up for the user to email themselves a pdf of a
worksheet when they hit an ActiveX button. That pdf is then viewed
on their iPad. There are some boxes on the form I would like to make
"live" (?) so when they tap on said box a numeric keyboard will
appear in Adobe on their iPad so they can fill in some numbers.

Does that make sense? Is it even possible?

Thanks in advance,
Craig

What you speak of is a document *printed* as a PDF. You need to create
a PDF *Form* document so people can fill in fields. OR.., an app for
the ipad that lets users *edit* or add *markups or comments* to a PDF
document.

Software Development Kits (SDKs) to do this in any programming language
will cost more arms/legs than you have!

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Garry,

Thank you! Appreciate the quick reply. I'll put this one to bed for now. :)

Cheers,
Craig

On Friday, November 14, 2014 4:42:19 PM UTC-4, GS wrote:
[...]

Android 2.2 iPad Alternatives stonebridge New Users to Excel 0 December 6th 10 12:13 PM
Export from VBA form to Access Pam Excel Programming 0 August 6th 08 06:51 PM
export a form clara Excel Programming 4 May 4th 07 09:21 PM
export form?? FSt1 Excel Programming 4 August 19th 04 05:01 PM
Export a form via code? [email protected] Excel Programming 4 January 26th 04 05:22 AM