sydolly

Default Help with Now()

Hi,

I am creating a spreadsheet and I need to have a cell and that records
the date and time each row is entered seperately.

The problem I have at the moment is whenever I add a new row of data it
updates the previous rows time?

does any one have any suggestions on how to stop this happening?

thanks

--
sydolly
sydolly's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27128

Rowan

Now() is a volatile function and will change everytime the sheet is
recalculated. If you want to timestamp your data entry have a look at:

Hope this helps
Rowan