Senior Member

Default how to get the total of two lines

i want to sum up two rows of data into the third row. how can i do that?pls see the attached file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip TEST TOTAL OF TWO LINES 040414.zip (7.8 KB, 80 views)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Am Fri, 4 Apr 2014 11:32:34 +0100 schrieb sumesh56:

i want to sum up two rows of data into the third row. how can i do
that?pls see the attached file.

try:
=SUM(S2:AH3)

Regards
Claus B.
--
Vista Ultimate SP2 / Windows7 SP1
Office 2007 Ultimate SP3 / 2010 Professional
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus Busch View Post
Hi,

Am Fri, 4 Apr 2014 11:32:34 +0100 schrieb sumesh56:

i want to sum up two rows of data into the third row. how can i do
that?pls see the attached file.

try:
=SUM(S2:AH3)

Regards
Claus B.
--
Vista Ultimate SP2 / Windows7 SP1
Office 2007 Ultimate SP3 / 2010 Professional
misunderstood my question. pls see the attachment.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

i want to sum up two rows of data into the third row. how can i do
that?pls see the attached file.
http://www.excelbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=968|

Here's one way.

In B4 put
=B2+B3
Then copy B4 and paste into C4:AI4.

Then copy B4:AI4 and paste into both B7:AI7 and B11:AI11.
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zvkmpw View Post
i want to sum up two rows of data into the third row. how can i do
that?pls see the attached file.
http://www.excelbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=968|

Here's one way.

In B4 put
=B2+B3
Then copy B4 and paste into C4:AI4.

Then copy B4:AI4 and paste into both B7:AI7 and B11:AI11.
from the responses i think there is no shortcut method to solve this issue. what you have suggested is something like get the total of B2+B3 in B4 and then drag B4 to the destination cell you get the total.I wanted to avoid the effort on my wrist when this drag process on very long line of data spread into different rows.but your copy paste method is something new technique , thank you for the direction.