Senior Member

Default how can i change a sequence of numbers using find replace

how to change a sequence of numbers using

find & replace in excel 2007?
I have filled some columns in excel

numbers from 301 to 309. i want to change

these to 311 to 319. how can i accomplish

this task? is it possible to use find and

replace for this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Am Mon, 24 Mar 2014 14:37:07 +0000 schrieb sumesh56:

numbers from 301 to 309. i want to change

these to 311 to 319.

write in a empty cell 10 = copy this cell = select your range of
numbers = Paste = Paste Special = Add

Regards
Claus B.
--
Vista Ultimate SP2 / Windows7 SP1
Office 2007 Ultimate SP3 / 2010 Prodessional
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"sumesh56" wrote:
how to change a sequence of numbers using

[....]
I have filled some columns in excel
numbers from 301 to 309. i want to change
these to 311 to 319. how can i accomplish
this task?

The devil is in the details, which I suspect you omitted.

If all the numbers were in contiguous cells in one column, there would be a
simple answer, to wit:

1. Put 10 into an unused cell, and copy it (ctrl+C).
2. Select the contiguous cells, right-click and click on Paste Special, Add,
OK.

However, I suspect the numbers are grouped into tables, as in
http://www.excelbanter.com/attachmen...tachmentid=953, which you
referenced in another recent question.

So you would have to repeat the process above for each group of columnar
data, table by table.

That might be just as well, because I suspect you do not want to add 10 to
all the numbers in all the tables. Instead, I wonder if you want to add a
different amount to the numbers in each table.

Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeu2004[_2_] View Post
"sumesh56" wrote:
[...]

thanks for the insight, the numbers are not in contiguous cells.5?? or 4?? comes in between . they are in a table. paste special--add is not a better option for me. something like find and replace will do the solution.thanks for the suggestion ..