hkoehnk

Default How do I generate non-recurring random numbers to assign groups?

I am attempting to use random number generator to assign numbers to subjects
in a group so to give each subject a group assignment. Each subject blocked
by weight, then assigned a number.
Gary''s Student

This is only an example, but the concept may help you.

Let's say we want do sample ten numbers randomly (and uniquely) from a
distribution of one to one hundred.

Enter the numbers one to one hundred in a column. In the next column enter
+RAND() and copy down. Sort by the second column; this will jumble the
first column. Just take the first ten entries in the first column. They
will be randomly picked from the distribution with no repeats.

Hope this helps
--
Gary''s Student