Senior Member

Default Drop down in Graph (excel 2003)

Hello Friends

Please refer attached file. I need to add a drop down menu in the graph which shows the place names and as soon as I select the anems the graph should update. place names are shown in Column A of "Share Summary" sheet in the file

Also I would need to make the date columns absolute as I will keep on adding months to the exisiting file as time goes forward, so when I add months, the graph should also automatically show the new added columsn.

I am using excel 2003

If you could provide a a basic step by step, will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Excel Dumbo
Attached Files
File Type: zip Graph Drop Down in Graph.zip (43.4 KB, 65 views)
Senior Member

Any help please
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Wednesday, January 29, 2014 9:12:30 PM UTC-6, Excel Dumbo wrote:
Hello Friends

Please refer attached file. I need to add a drop down menu in the graph

which shows the place names and as soon as I select the anems the graph

should update. place names are shown in Column A of "Share Summary"

sheet in the file

Also I would need to make the date columns absolute as I will keep on

adding months to the exisiting file as time goes forward, so when I add

months, the graph should also automatically show the new added columsn.

I am using excel 2003

If you could provide a a basic step by step, will be greatly

appreciated.

Regards,

Excel Dumbo

|Filename: Graph Drop Down in Graph.zip |

|Download: http://www.excelbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=939|

Excel Dumbo

Change your chart location from a chart sheet to an insert on a regular worksheet and then you can insert a drop down tied to a macro to change the series to the group desired.