Junior Member

Default When I insert a worksheet the cell format is accounting

Greetings all, I am hoping someone can help me with this.

I am working with an xlsx file in Excel 2010 and every time I right click and Insert Worksheet the cell format is set to Accounting by default. How can I fix it so when I insert a new worksheet the cell format is General by default?

Thanks in advance!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sounds like your default new worksheet is using a Template file as
base.
Look for SHEET.XLTX in your XLSTART folder.
Dump it or modify it.

Gord

On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 16:02:41 +0000, ascrit
wrote:

Greetings all, I am hoping someone can help me with this.

I am working with an xlsx file in Excel 2010 and every time I right
click and Insert Worksheet the cell format is set to Accounting by
default. How can I fix it so when I insert a new worksheet the cell
format is General by default?

Thanks in advance!

Junior Member

Talking

Thanks Gord.

This problem has been solved and the solution is located he

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291321