Junior Member

Default Need help with IF statement (function)

I have 1,2,3,4,5,0 for cell A1, B1, C1, D1, E1, and F1 respectively. I want a function that would give me result of for example D2 with 25% and E2 with 50%. This means that when the next number is zero, the function would provide a result for the last two cells with numbers (other than zero) prior to that zero. Please see attached picture.
Attached Images

Last edited by managingcrap : November 8th 13 at 01:17 PM
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Am Fri, 8 Nov 2013 13:13:19 +0000 schrieb managingcrap:

I have 1,2,3,4,5,0 for cell A1, B1, C1, D1, E1, and F1 respectively. I
want a function that would give me result of for example D2 with 25% and
E2 with 50%. This means that when the next number is zero, the function
would provide a result for the last two cells with numbers (other than
zero) prior to that zero. Please see attached picture.

in A2 try:
=IF(A1=0,"",IF(MATCH(0,B1:$F$1,0)=1,0.5,IF(MATCH(0 ,B1:$F$1,0)=2,0.25,"")))
und drag the formula to E2

Regards
Claus B.
--