Acid-Sky

Default FileDialog to select file

Hi,

I am trying to add a FileDialog to my form but its only to
select/generate a correct filepath, nothing more. the only options i
saw so far tend to open the file - which is not what i want. the dialog
is more the make sure the file path is correct and the file exists at
the time of genereating an entry.

how can i do this?

--
Acid-Sky
Acid-Sky's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26502

Bernie Deitrick

Application.GetOpenFileName only returns a string, which you can save or manipulate in any way you
want.

--
HTH,
Bernie

"Acid-Sky" wrote in message

I am trying to add a FileDialog to my form but its only to
select/generate a correct filepath, nothing more. the only options i
saw so far tend to open the file - which is not what i want. the dialog
is more the make sure the file path is correct and the file exists at
the time of genereating an entry.

how can i do this?

--
Acid-Sky
Acid-Sky's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26502
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=466815

Dave Peterson

Jim Rech has a BrowseForFolder routine at:
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm
(look for BrowseForFolder)

John Walkenbach has one at:

If you and all your users are running xl2002+, take a look at VBA's help for:
application.filedialog(msoFileDialogFolderPicker)