Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Counting number of items excluding duplicates.

I currently have a table of 120 products that includes duplicates.
I would like to count how many different products are included in this 120.
For example:

Product

There are 8 total products listed, but only 5 different products.
Is there a way to count how many different products are listed.

I tried a pivot table but I don't need the total each product is listed, just the total number of products.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Am Thu, 17 Oct 2013 06:42:22 -0700 (PDT) schrieb :

Product

your products in column A with header. Then try:
=SUMPRODUCT((A2:A200<"")/COUNTIF(A2:A200,A2:A200&""))

Regards
Claus B.
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2