Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Weird behaviour when entering hyperlinks

Appreciate that this is a bit obscure but it's driving me nuts, so I hope
someone can offer some ideas please.

I'm trying to run an external macro (written in Macro Express Pro) to
perform certain operations in Excel 2000. As part of that script I'm
taking filename and path data (from XP folders) and typing it into the
hyperlink address box of the Insert Hyperlink dialog.

Just occasionally, maybe 1 in 20 repetitions, the resultant hyperlink is
corrupted. It appears to contain some old data, such as clipboard data.
This is not solved by adjusting speeds and delays.

A typical example of the data I want to enter is
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\MAGIX\Movie Edit Pro
2013 Premium\DVD\Layout\00_a_0_PresenterDefault

If I examine the macro variable holding that data (in a message box) it is
OK. Only after entry into the cell is it corrupted.

Are there any known issues around hyperlinks (with this or newer versions
of Excel) that I should pursue please?

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK