Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Getting Text data using the Data - Subtotal feature

In XL2007, I have a table of data that is 19 columns wide. I used the Data Subtotal to sum the data in columns 8 and 9 based on each change in column 7. I then select "2" on the left of the screen to outline the data to show each Total, plus the Grand Total, then I Alt-; to select visible cells and copy this summary data to another worksheet. So far, so good. But, the data in the other columns,(1-5 and 10-19) which is just text, is of course left out. I tried to sum this data too but of course as it was text i had no result. The text in these other columns is the same for each subtotal group, so if i could, for example, go to each subtotal row and copy down the data in the row above it for these columns it would be fine.
How can i accomplish this with a macro? Ther are dozens of subtotal rows, so using the Ctrl Down keystroke is time consuming.

Thanks,

Tonso

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

[...]

A good place to start is to try doing it once with the macro recorder
turned on and see what code it generates.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc