Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Spellchecker anomaly... Checks spelling on a Forms Button text label...?

The only place I have experienced this is on this home made puzzle solver worksheet I put together. (Drop Box Link below)

Run spell check from tool bar and it offers a solution to the "misspelled" caption on the forms button ConCat AH15.

A low priority, of course, but I'm curious.

Regards,
Howard

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qju11o4xc8...0-%20Copy.xlsm

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Howard,

Am Sun, 16 Jun 2013 20:30:57 +0200 schrieb Claus Busch:

But another tipp: Put only code of worksheet events in the code module
of the worksheet. And in code module of the workbook only code with
workbook events. All other subs or functions put in a standard module.

in code module of sheet3 you have:

On Error Resume Next
If Target.Row = 1 Or Target.Row = 4 Or Target.Row = 7 Or Target.Row = 10
_
Or Target.Row = 13 Or Target.Row = 16 Or Target.Row = 19 Or Target.Row =
2 Then
Target.Offset(0, 1).Select
End If
If Target = Range("AB12") Then
Target.CheckSpelling SpellLang:=1033

This long IF construct is better and easier to write as a Select Case
statement:
Select Case Target.Row
Case 1, 2, 4, 7, 10, 13, 16, 19
Target.Offset(0, 1).Select
End Select

If Target.Address(0, 0) = "AB12" Then
Target.CheckSpelling SpellLang:=1033

Regards
Claus Busch
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Sunday, June 16, 2013 11:55:13 AM UTC-7, Claus Busch wrote:
[...]

Hmmm, that is just sloppy on my part. I had forgot all about that. The only spell check I need or want is in cell AK15, which you have produced for me.

If you are on sheet 1, and go Review click Check Spelling, do you get the Spelling: English (US) box with "ConCat" not in dictionary and the suggestion of "concept"?

Howard

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Howard,

Am Sun, 16 Jun 2013 12:21:02 -0700 (PDT) schrieb :

If you are on sheet 1, and go Review click Check Spelling, do you get the Spelling: English (US) box with "ConCat" not in dictionary and the suggestion of "concept"?

yes, I get "Concat" and all the XO combinations

Regards
Claus Busch