Junior Member

Default the cells that some rows have in common

Hi,
I know nothing about access, and I don't even know if excel is the right program for what i need.
Could someone please tell me how I can find the cells that some rows have in common? I need to do this lots of times with lots of names, but this is a small example:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ylqs36s0nmvbvx4/excel2.jpg
So for example, the first time I need to know the numbers that Ana (row 1), Laura (row2) and Manuel (row3) have in common, so the computer should give me nș17 as the answer. If I ask for the numbers (or cells) Chris (row 4)and Eddie (row 5) have in common, the computer should say nș2, nș3 and nș4. I'm not looking for the number that appears more times in the grid, but for the one that the rows I select have in common.
Cheers.

Last edited by analarana : June 10th 13 at 06:49 PM
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Am Mon, 10 Jun 2013 17:49:33 +0100 schrieb analarana:

this is a small example:
https://www.rapidshare.com/#myrs_filemanager/file/7079

there is an error with your link. Please check it.

Regards
Claus Busch
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2