Halil

Default How do i lockup a locked excelfile if i have forgot the password?

I have made some calculations on excel and then locked the file. But that was
several months aga. I don´t remember the password i used. Shall i through
away the file and start all over again? Or is it possible to find the
password?

Regards // Halil
Norman Jones

Hi Halil,
See:

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html

and see:

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/fileandvbapwords.html

---
Regards,
Norman

"Halil" wrote in message
I have made some calculations on excel and then locked the file. But that
was
several months aga. I don´t remember the password i used. Shall i through
away the file and start all over again? Or is it possible to find the
password?

Regards // Halil

dominicb

Good morning Halil

It depends on what you mean by "lock". If you password protected the
file then you have a few options. Try looking here for a few tips on
companies that will unlock the file :

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/password.htm
http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/links/pword.htm

If your passwords are relatively simple (either an English word, or
less than eight characters long) then try this:

http://www.download.com/Free-Word-Ex...-10249516.html

It's free and should be fairly successful, if you havent' made the
password too complex.

HTH

DominicB

--
dominicb
dominicb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18932

Tim

Online password recovery service at passwordnow.com or Word Password
Recovery at http://lastbit.com/word

Halil wrote:
I have made some calculations on excel and then locked the file. But that=

was
several months aga. I don=B4t remember the password i used. Shall i throu=

gh
away the file and start all over again? Or is it possible to find the
password?
=20
Regards // Halil