Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Paste embedded file corrupts?

Help! Please . . .

I have a system where a file gets embedded in an XL s/sheet and at a later date is extracted. Until an upgrade to Win 7 and Office 2010 (from XP and 2007) this has worked fine.

Since the upgrade the file gets corrupt if it is extracted from the spreadsheet. If I double-click on it from within the XL sheet it displays fine; if I select, then copy and paste the file to a folder the file is corrupted.

Below is an example with a simple text file. The first line is the original, the second is the corrupted version.

This is Steve's test

«  SVR test TEXT

I have tested this by simply inserting a text file as an object in XL. Double-click it and it's fine. Select, copy and paste and it's corrupted.

Any help greatly appreciated - this is driving me mad!

Steve

Dyna002