Junior Member

Default Randomizer

I have been asked by my work to create a Lunch Buddy Program. I will need to enter employee names into a list and then have a randomizer select two people at a time until all names have been selected. Has anyone ever done this in Excel? If yes, could you explain how I would do this.
thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In article , CarolynWeaver wrote:

I have been asked by my work to create a Lunch Buddy Program. I will
need to enter employee names into a list and then have a randomizer
select two people at a time until all names have been selected. Has
anyone ever done this in Excel? If yes, could you explain how I would
do this.
thanks

I think there's a more or less good random number generator built into XL.

1 column of names, a second column of random numbers, sort both columns on
the random numbers and take each pair of names in the new order. Repeat
next time. Easy. :)

randomizer as study aide sycsummit Excel Programming 1 October 15th 09 06:43 PM
Schedule Randomizer LOU Excel Worksheet Functions 1 May 9th 07 09:34 PM
randomizer OKROB Excel Programming 2 January 12th 07 01:24 AM
I'm looking for info on the Excel Randomizer feature PJR Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 March 30th 06 10:56 AM