Harry

Default How do you convert numbers to real text

I want to convert numbers to real text to print on checks.

1 = One
1234.50 = One Thousand Two Hundred Thirty Four & 50/100

Does anyone know how to do this?

Paul B

Harry, have a look here,

Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Harry" wrote in message
I want to convert numbers to real text to print on checks.

1 = One
1234.50 = One Thousand Two Hundred Thirty Four & 50/100

Does anyone know how to do this?

Ron Rosenfeld

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 20:23:03 -0700, "Harry"
wrote:

I want to convert numbers to real text to print on checks.

1 = One
1234.50 = One Thousand Two Hundred Thirty Four & 50/100

Does anyone know how to do this?

1. Download and install Laurent Longre's free morefunc.xll from
http://xcell05.free.fr/

2. Use this formula:

=NBTEXT(A1,,2)&" & "&TEXT(MOD(A1,1),"00/100")

--ron

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
exceluserforeman

Try my NumbersToLongText Utility.

Select the cell you want to convert

http://www.geocities.com/excelmarksw...ToLongText.xls

Can be used in any open workbook.

-- Mark
PS I am currently working on a conversion utility to convert Long Text to
Numbers.

Maybe ready in early February 2006