Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default ="'"&F1&"'," Excel errors in one spreadsheet but not other one?

I am trying to use this simply command to put ' ', around a cell so I can use it to pull many strings from SQL. For some reason, it works in one of my spreadsheets but not my current one. What would cause this? I have had my excel repaired twice. Any suggestions? I did change file from compatibility mode. Didn't help. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am trying to use this simply command to put ' ', around a cell
so I can use it to pull many strings from SQL. For some reason,
it works in one of my spreadsheets but not my current one. What
would cause this?

It's hard to respond without knowing what's in the relevant cells, what you expect as a result, and what you see instead.

Often, though, when puzzled by a formula result, it's useful to see Excel's calculations revealed by using
Formulas Formula Auditing Evaluate Formula