Junior Member

Default Changing Monthly Data to Daily Data?

Hey everyone... had a question and hoping this won't be too hard to achieve. I have a weather worksheet which is in daily format (1/1/1950), but I have a new set of data that I'd like to add which is in month format (1/1950). What I want to achieve, is change this monthly data into a daily data format, meaning the individual monthly values would repeat for each day of the month. Hopefully that made sense, but if not, here's an example...

Date Data
01/1982 0.15
02/1982 -0.02
03/1982 -0.05

What I would like to achieve...

Date Data
1/1/1982 0.15
1/2/1982 0.15
1/3/1982 0.15
1/4/1982 0.15
1/31/1982 0.15
2/1/1982 -0.02
2/2/1982 -0.02
2/3/1982 -0.02
2/4/1982 -0.02

Is this easy to achieve? Or will a macro be required? I've tried to play around with the pivot tables, but still fairly new to excel. Thanks in advanced to anyone who could help! I have the excel sheet ready for download if anyone would like to see it, but not sure if I can post the download link here.

Thanks,
Bryant
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewbigmack View Post
Hey everyone... had a question and hoping this won't be too hard to achieve. I have a weather worksheet which is in daily format (1/1/1950), but I have a new set of data that I'd like to add which is in month format (1/1950). What I want to achieve, is change this monthly data into a daily data format, meaning the individual monthly values would repeat for each day of the month. Hopefully that made sense, but if not, here's an example...

Date Data
01/1982 0.15
02/1982 -0.02
03/1982 -0.05

What I would like to achieve...

Date Data
1/1/1982 0.15
1/2/1982 0.15
1/3/1982 0.15
1/4/1982 0.15
1/31/1982 0.15
2/1/1982 -0.02
2/2/1982 -0.02
2/3/1982 -0.02
2/4/1982 -0.02

Is this easy to achieve? Or will a macro be required? I've tried to play around with the pivot tables, but still fairly new to excel. Thanks in advanced to anyone who could help! I have the excel sheet ready for download if anyone would like to see it, but not sure if I can post the download link here.

Thanks,
Bryant

Easy enough to achieve. If you use a vlookup with TRUE or 1 as the constraint, it will look to find the previous date closest in the array
Attached Files
File Type: zip Easy enough to achieve.zip (6.7 KB, 40 views)