Junior Member

Default Grey ghost rectangle

In copying data from a Comsec share trading website, a grey rectangle appeared in my Excel 2007 spreadsheet. The rectangle obscured the copied data. I could not select the grey rectangle to move or remove it. It appears to be in a layer above the spreadsheet cells.
If anyone can explain what has happened, and how I can remove the grey rectangle, I would really appreciate it.
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by norgro View Post
In copying data from a Comsec share trading website, a grey rectangle appeared in my Excel 2007 spreadsheet. The rectangle obscured the copied data. I could not select the grey rectangle to move or remove it. It appears to be in a layer above the spreadsheet cells.
If anyone can explain what has happened, and how I can remove the grey rectangle, I would really appreciate it.
Perhaps post an example Excel file?
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer101 View Post
Perhaps post an example Excel file?
I used the copy and paste technique to provide an example, but only the spreadsheet data was copied. The grey rectangle did not copy. I does not seem to be in the spreadsheet layer. I can get rid of the problem by copying the Excel data to a new worksheet, but still have not found a way of getting rid of it from the original worksheeet.

I have just worked out how I attach the Word file containing the Excel screen dump.

I have done the attachment procedure, but can see no evidence that the file has been attached.