Junior Member

Default Return only one result from list with multiple posibilities

Good afternoon
I received assistance with a similar issue, but working through the form creation, I came up with an additional issue.

I am creating a form in Excel where a user can go in and select a DIV from a Data Validation List. Based on the selection, the next piece of information, PLAN, is a dependant drop down, and the user can select either N/A if no PLAN exists, or the PLAN they need.

What I am attempting to do is have the next piece of information, BILLTO, autopopulate with a Specific piece of information based on the DIV and PLAN being selected. The issue I am running into is I can get the BILLTO to populate with selections based on the DIV, but can not figure out how to get BILLTO to autopopulate based on the DIV and PLAN combination. My issue is the PLAN may apply to multiple DIVs.

So to summarize, I want the user to select the DIV and PLAN, then have the BILLTO autopopulate based on the PLAN and DIV combination. Meaning, if the user selects DIV ABC, then they select PLAN 0000000001, The BILLTO would autopopulate ABC, even if the PLAN 0000000001 may apply to other DIVs.

If this makes sense, and anyone can direct me in the proper direction, I would greatly appreciate it. If more information is needed, please let me know.

Thank you very much in advance for any assistance.
Mathew G
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matgriffey View Post
[...]

Hi Mathew, any chance of posting a workbook with a few examples shown?
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer101 View Post
Hi Mathew, any chance of posting a workbook with a few examples shown?
I have attached what I am working with, limited to match file size limits. Sheet 1 is the information feeding the Request Form. Let me know if this helps and if anything else needs to be explained.

Thank You
Mathew
Attached Files
File Type: zip Help Test.zip (88.2 KB, 91 views)
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matgriffey View Post
I have attached what I am working with, limited to match file size limits. Sheet 1 is the information feeding the Request Form. Let me know if this helps and if anything else needs to be explained.

Thank You
Mathew
To anyone who is attempting to resolve this still, I have been able to find a solution to this issue.
Thank you
Mathew