Junior Member

Question Excel 2007 - Sudden Disappearance of Character Spacing

Hi,

I am using Excel 2007 at work for data entry.

Yesterday, I could have accidentally pressed a wrong function where all spacing between wordings is removed.

Examples will be "South China Sea" will be renamed to "SouthChinaSea" and "Great Barrier Reef" will be renamed to "GreatBarrierReef".

My document has about 12,000+ records and it would be very time consuming to Enter Spacing for each record.

Therefore, I would really grateful, if someone can please advise me how do I go about in inserting back the spacings.

Thank You!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007 - Sudden Disappearance of Character Spacing

Hi,

Am Mon, 19 Nov 2012 16:44:28 +0000 schrieb Jing Xiang:

Yesterday, I could have accidentally pressed a wrong function where all
spacing between wordings is removed.

in case of accident in the futu if you can't undo last action close
the workbook without saving.

Examples will be "South China Sea" will be renamed to "SouthChinaSea"
and "Great Barrier Reef" will be renamed to "GreatBarrierReef".

If all strings will be names and the spaces are missed in front of
capital letters, try following code in a selected range:

Sub InsertSpace()
Dim RngC As Range
Dim i As Integer

For Each RngC In Selection
For i = 65 To 90
If InStr(2, RngC, Chr(i)) 0 Then
RngC = Replace(RngC, Chr(i), " " & Chr(i))
End If
Next
Next
End Sub

Regards
Claus Busch
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2
Junior Member

Talking

Hi Claus Busch,

Thanks so much for your help! The source code works!

Your the best!!

Cheers,
Jing Xiang