Wally

Default Valid formula remains in cell

I used the function arguments dialog to create and verify the function
results in a cell. When I select the OK button, the cell content displays
the formula not the results. I cannot seem to locate why.

Can anyone tell me why?

David McRitchie

Hi Wally,
If the cell is already formatted as General or a number and F2 fixes
it then you probably have spaces or Char(160). You could Trim the content of
text cells using the TrimALL macro in

Also check to make sure that you have calculation set to automatic.
Tools, Options, calculation (tab), calculation: automatic

When you change the format from text to number or number to text
the number format will not change until you reenter data. The TrimALL
macro will make this a lot easier for redoing large areas of cells
rather than using F2 then Enter for an individual cell.

Use of F2 then Enter will reenter data just the same as if you had typed in
new content. If F2 then Enter works it may serve also serve as
warning that calculation is not turned on.

---
HTH,