-   -   Gridlines display in Print preview but do not print (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/447454-gridlines-display-print-preview-but-do-not-print.html)

Chris

Gridlines display in Print preview but do not print

Excel 2010, Windows 7
Gridlines show up on Print Preview but do not appear on the actual print.
The "Gridlines" box is checked.
Specifically selected cell borders work correctly - they show in Preview and
on Print.
If the print is sent to a pdf printer - e.g. Cutepdf, the generated file
contains the gridlines and they print correctly.
Searching reveals references to similar problems but I haven't been able to
find a solution - only detours.
Any suggestions ?

Chris

Spencer101

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 1606603)
Excel 2010, Windows 7
Gridlines show up on Print Preview but do not appear on the actual print.
The "Gridlines" box is checked.
Specifically selected cell borders work correctly - they show in Preview and
on Print.
If the print is sent to a pdf printer - e.g. Cutepdf, the generated file
contains the gridlines and they print correctly.
Searching reveals references to similar problems but I haven't been able to
find a solution - only detours.
Any suggestions ?

Chris

The grid line tick box is only to select whether or not the grid is visible on screen. If you want the grid to show when printing you will have to add cell borders.

Chris

--
Spencer101

Surely not - and if that were the case why do they show in the pdf ?

Spencer101

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 1606619)

Chris;1606603 Wrote:
[...]

Try it. Take the tick out of the box and see if the gridlines still show. The cell borders (if you've applied any) will, but the grey gridlines will not.

As for why they show up in the pdf.... Another of those little Microsoft mysteries perhaps? ;)

Chris

Gridlines display in Print preview but do not print

"Spencer101" wrote in message

Chris;1606619 Wrote:
"Spencer101" wrote in
message
...-

Chris;1606603 Wrote:-
[...]

I'm not the only one experiencing this - see
http://tinyurl.com/9za3p2z