Junior Member

Location: Lancashire
Default Auto deletion of cell entry in given circumstance

HI, I wonder if anyone can assist? I run a workbook where data in one worksheet is automatically copied to another worksheet upon data entry in the original sheet. This original data entry tells me the likely estimated commission I am set to gain if a particular piece of business is successful! So, I can have "at a glance" details of what estimates I have issued. Once I know that the particular piece of business has been a success and I can issue an invoice, I then enter the invoice amount into the original worksheet - obviously. to a different column, but for the same customer record in the same row as the original estimate amount - and, again, the invoice amount automatically transfers to a cell in the same (second) worksheet as the estimated amount. What I'd like to happen is for Excel to delete the copied "estimated amount" data from the second worksheet once the "invoice amount" is copied across......do you think this is possible and, if so, how would you solve it??

To recap (and to try and explain it simply!):

Step 1 in Worksheet 1 - For each customer, estimated amount entered is automatically transferred to a cell in Worksheet 2 via the "Copy and Paste Link" process. The formula in that cell (the "receiving" cell in Worksheet 2)) is: ='Customer contact record'!Y8 Of course, Y8 represents the particular cell in worksheet 1 where the data has come from. The same formula applies in the colmun in worksheet 2 - in other words, as I create a customer record in Worksheet 1, all relevant data is copied to worksheet 2, so - in the case of the formula above - Y8 may be Y9,, Y10, etc etc

Step 2 in Worksheet 1 - For each customer, confirmed invoice amount entered is transferred to a new cell in worksheet 2. Same principle as above, but to a different column. As this happens, I'd like the estimated amount for that customer in worksheet 2 (ie that previously transferred form worksheet 1 as per above) to be automatically deleted from the cell it has been copied to, and for that cell to then be blank...

Thanks in advance of any replies!!

Last edited by MikeC2909 : October 17th 12 at 02:24 PM