Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dan dan is offline

Default formula question - weighted sales/distribution

Hello - I am trying to calculate a weighted distribution problem, and I can't seem to come up with the correct calculation.

BRAND_X 1301512 97
BRAND_Y 691257 84
BRAND_Z 716962 41

BRAND_X had distribution in 97% of our accounts and sales of 1301512.
BRAND_Y had distribution in 84% of our accounts and sales of 691257.
BRAND_Z had distribution in 41% of our accounts and sales of 716962.

How can I calculate the ranking of these items based on their distribution and sales? As you can see from the example, BRAND_Z has good sales but small distribution.

Thanks for any assistance!
Member

Location: Bangalore
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Hello - I am trying to calculate a weighted distribution problem, and I can't seem to come up with the correct calculation.

BRAND_X 1301512 97
BRAND_Y 691257 84
BRAND_Z 716962 41

BRAND_X had distribution in 97% of our accounts and sales of 1301512.
BRAND_Y had distribution in 84% of our accounts and sales of 691257.
BRAND_Z had distribution in 41% of our accounts and sales of 716962.

How can I calculate the ranking of these items based on their distribution and sales? As you can see from the example, BRAND_Z has good sales but small distribution.

Thanks for any assistance!
Hello,

Did you try creating a product of the Sales and its distribution and finding the rank basis that?

Put the product of these two values in an adjacent column and use the RANK formula to get the rank. To understand how RANK function works consult Excel Help or reply to me.

Let me know if it was useful.

Thank You,
Prashant