Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Gridlines

How can I have grid lines in just part of a worksheet? I don't want
them on over all of the worksheet.

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Tuesday, October 9, 2012 9:54:21 AM UTC-7, Stephen Wolstenholme wrote:
How can I have grid lines in just part of a worksheet? I don't want

them on over all of the worksheet.

Steve

Hi Steve,

One way...

Home Tab Font Fill color (paint bucket) Theme colors White.

HTH
Regards,
Howard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Tuesday, October 9, 2012 11:24:29 AM UTC-7, (unknown) wrote:
On Tuesday, October 9, 2012 9:54:21 AM UTC-7, Stephen Wolstenholme wrote:

How can I have grid lines in just part of a worksheet? I don't want

them on over all of the worksheet.

Steve

Hi Steve,

One way...

Home Tab Font Fill color (paint bucket) Theme colors White.

HTH

Regards,

Howard

I should have said "select the area you want the grid lines hidden" then color white.

H'wd
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Stephen Wolstenholme presented the following explanation :
How can I have grid lines in just part of a worksheet? I don't want
them on over all of the worksheet.

Steve

You can turn Gridlines off and use dotted borders to 'simulate' the
gridlines where you want.

This can be managed via ConditionalFormatting for a series of cells
based on input into any specified cell. For example, if you want
simulated gridlines in B10:H10 when a value is entered in B10, select
the range and specify the following formula as the CF criteria:

=LEN($B10)

HTH

--
Garry